Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Yesss, another tour journal.

For the third time in my life, I have a Tour Journal. I'm really excited about this. It's a sort of unofficial tradition in my life, which I'll now have to keep every time I travel, especially in groups. I have a blue-and-gold spiral journal from the summer of 2002, in which GBYSO traveled to Central Europe for a concert tour. I have a very organic-looking purple one from summer 2003, when we went to San Francisco and Napa Valley.

These journals are primarily my own: I kept them with me, wrote in them all the time. But as often as I could, I handed them to my friends on the tour bus, and they jotted down their own entries. As you can imagine, the entries from my sixteen-year-old friends back in high school range from the silly to the naive to the amazing and profound. It is wonderful to read them.

Of course, this means I have to keep the tour journal pretty 'clean', so you know, if I end up having some kind of whirlwind romantic affair, it will be unprintable in a journal which is by necessity sort of public. (That's why I'll take along a second journal, only for what truly must be private. Possible inclusions: dirty dreams I had, unsympathetic rants, hit lists, anti-equal rights statements ... the usual.) No really, when a girl's got two journals, you know you're dealing with something serious. I'll probably use the tour journal as a guide for this site, the most public of all journals. Oh, the Internets; oh, the Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home