Saturday, September 30, 2006

Also, crying?

Another tiny baby theme I've been tracing through my life lately: crying. A bit stressed and emotionally unbalanced, I've been prone to tears lately. But I'm not crying over my million rehearsals & unread pages of book; I'm usually crying for happiness over something tiny. On Wednesday, which was a terrible day, two people smiled at me orchestra rehearsal -- as is normal, because we're human beings and friends -- and I felt tears springing to my eyes. It was such a feeling of total beauty, relief and shared humanity. I looked down at the floor, humbled, thinking: that's the solution; that's why we're here. I don't really know what I was talking about. But even just now, as I sat down for early Saturday morning schoolwork, I got a little teary to hear Norah Jones singing me awake. Life is good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home