Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I explain the blog.

In this blog, I'm thinking of doing a bunch of things. In one vein, I'd really like to just talk about whatever art I'm absorbing at the moment: book reviews, music and performance reviews. In another, I want to post my own creative writing: poetry, fiction, fragments. In a third vein, I want to chronicle what I think will be a really important year in the Vanderbilt living wage campaign, and share my experience (and perhaps other's, as well) with direct actions. (This probably deserves its own blog!)

In another vein, I'd like to chronicle my time at the Aspen Music Festival and School. I'd love to make that a good resource for people who want to know about Aspen -- I had a hard time finding personal accounts of the festival experience. The first chunk of the blog will probably deal with this extensively, since I'm headed to Aspen in about twelve hours.

I hope this blog will be different from a couple of others I've had: I'd like to stay away from the personal stuff, as much as I can. Of course, the personal will filter in through all of these things. But I hope friends will read, learn, and be inspired to throw their own two cents into the internet fountain.

I titled the blog "And We Will Form A Family Band." I think it embraces several things that I love: community, music, jamming, and Anchorman.

All good things,
Ellen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home